Hi Guys! I, Kate, have gone into the archives again and pulled out this amazing cookie recipe. I looooved Peanut Butter Blossoms back in the day; you know the peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kiss in the middle? Well, I used that as inspiration and developed a paleo friendly version using almond butter and enjoy life chocolate.
These are super simple to throw together, quick baking and ready to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time! I often make these around the holidays for the holiday cookie plate or even a cookie swap. But mostly, I just make them so I can eat them myself!
Notes: Almond butter has become more mainstream since I started eating paleo and there are a lot more brands, I used the freshly ground kind from Whole Foods. I find it makes the best baked goods since it doesn’t have any extra oil. If you use the jarred kind, you may need to add a tablespoon or so of almond flour to counter the oil.
- 1 cup Almond butter
- ½ cup Coconut palm sugar (or maple sugar)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 42 Enjoy Life Mega Chunks (3 per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for chocolate.
- Roll heaping tablespoons (or 1 oz cookie scoop) of dough into a ball.
- Place ball on baking sheet and gently press down with your fingers.
- Repeat for remainder of dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press 3 chocolate chunks into each cookie.
- Enjoy warm or let chocolate cool and harden before storing.