Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
These "sandwich" snacks are easy and fun to make with your little ones. Let your kids make their own creations, choosing from coconut, raisins or both, and gain some confidence in the kitchen. Delicious for grown-ups as well!
- 1 apple, cored and sliced vertically
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- Lay ½ of the apple slices on a plate
- Top with equal amounts of almond butter
- Sprinkle with raisins or shredded coconut
- Add a dash of cinnamon
- Top with the remaining ½ of apple slices to form your "sandwich"