Enjoy these delicious Turkey Burgers made with apples and cinnamon!
Apple Cinnamon Turkey Burgers
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1½ lbs ground turkey thigh meat
- ½ lb ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, finely diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Raw cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl until well mixed
- Form patties to your desired size
- Heat grill to high and then turn down to medium or medium-low prior to adding burgers
- Add patties to the grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on thickness of patties and your particular grill. Burgers are done when they are no longer pink in the center.
- If you are opting for cheese, add it during the last minute of cook time
I like to serve these burgers wrapped in large green or red leaf lettuce!