Calling all turnip greens!!
Bacon Pecan Turnip Greens
Author: Shannon Doleac
- ½ lb. organic bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch turnip greens (from about 3 small/medium turnips), chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Heat a large saute pan, or cast iron skillet, over med-high to high heat.
- Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp, stirring occasionally (5 - 7 minutes).
- Remove bacon bites and set aside on a paper towel, leaving bacon grease in the pan.
- Turn down heat to medium/medium-high and add the ginger, tossing until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the red pepper flakes, stirring with the ginger.
- Add the turnip greens and cook until wilted and tender.
- Toss in pecans and bacon and gently mix to combine.
Read more about our Love for Turnips!