Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Author: Created by my mom!
- coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 to 4 lbs of stew beef
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 3 large carrots sliced and cut up into 1½” strips
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 2 small zucchini cubed
- 3 or 4 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed into bite size pieces
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté diced onion and celery in 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add veggies to crockpot.
- In the same skillet, brown stew beef in some additional coconut oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add browned beef, carrots, and vegetable broth to crock pot, season with about ½ a tsp of salt and pepper and set on low for 8 hours.
- After 6 hours of cooking, sauté peppers, zucchini and sweet potatoes in a large skillet and a teaspoon of coconut oil until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add these vegetables to the crockpot, season more if desired, and cook for the remainder of time.