I feel guilty even adding this as a “recipe” because it’s so simple, but these are a tasty addition to any morning! Each family member is a big fan at our house and if you are looking to make real food breakfast easier, this is a great recipe to double the batch and freeze some for future use.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (if unseasoned, add a little salt, pepper, and sage)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Gently combine the pork, rosemary and blueberries until well mixed (careful not to squish the berries).
- Form 8, ½" thick patty rounds with the mixture.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium to medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Place the patties in a single layer in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes each side (or until cooked through).