- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 buffalo italian sausage, diced (casing removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice (no salt added if preferred)
- ½ Tbsp dried basil
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and pulp.
- Place cut side down in a baking dish with ¼" water
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes (until tender)
- Set aside and allow to cool
- Meanwhile, place canned tomatoes and diced fresh tomatoes in a medium sized saucepan over medium low heat. Add dried herbs and stir.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add diced peppers and onions and saute until almost tender (stirring occasionally). Add the kale and saute until slightly wilted. Add veggies to the tomato sauce.
- Return saute pan to medium heat. Add a little more coconut oil and cook the sausage. Add to the tomato sauce. Stirring and adding pepper to taste. Allow to simmer on low while finishing squash.
- Using two forks, scrap the squash out of the skin and place in a bowl. Top with sauce.