What better way to get in touch with your primal side than to spend some hours closer to Earth?! A couple weeks ago we spent a night tent camping in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah. We kept dinner and breakfast simple, PALEO, and delicious!
• Homemade trail mix – almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, dried unsweetened cherries, dried unsweetened apples, dried unsweetened coconut flakes, banana chips (cooked with palm oil) and dark chocolate chips.
• Dutch oven baked sweet potatoes: I washed, poked holes in (with a fork), and wrapped the potatoes in foil at home. We then placed them in the dutch oven at the campsite and cooked them for an hour with hot briquettes under and over the oven. They were so easy and YUMMY.
• Grilled chicken thighs: I marinaded chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, minced ginger, salt and pepper in a ziplock at home. We brought the ziplock in our cooler and grilled the thighs at the campsite.
• Steamed broccoli (cooked at home) and grape tomatoes
• COFFEE! A must for my husband and I when camping:-)
• Grapes and blueberries
• Scrambled eggs and diced ham: I had cracked the eggs at home and placed them in a leak proof glass tupperware that we brought in the cooler. We cooked these in some coconut oil in our cast-iron skillet over hot briquettes on the campsite grill.
• Leftover baked sweet potato from dinner the night before
• Grape tomatoes