I love putting new spins on my favorite recipes. Banana Paleo Pancakes are perfect example. Tweaking the recipe slightly, adding raisins and topping with grass-fed butter reminds me of a cinnamon raisin bagel, BUT with even more flavor.
Cinnamon Raisin Paleo Pancakes
Author: Shannon Doleac
Serves: 5 - 6
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with a potato masher.
- Add almond butter and mix well with a fork.
- Add eggs and stir until well combined.
- Mix in coconut flour and cinnamon.
- Add raisins and fold into batter. Batter should be uniform.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil or ghee to grease the surface.
- Add batter to form roughly 3" diameter pancakes.
- Once pancakes start to form small bubbles (about 3 minutes), carefully flip with a thin spatula.
- Cook on other side until well set.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
To adjust the consistency of the batter, add unsweetened coconut milk to thin, or a touch more coconut flour to thicken. Makes roughly 15 pancakes.