Coconut Ginger Chicken with Cilantro Pesto
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
(Adjusted from a friend's recipe, but not sure of the original source)
- 6 Chicken breasts or ~14 thighs
- 1 13.5oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tsp sweet curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, rough chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil (~ 3 tbsp)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together
- Place the chicken in a large zip-lock bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal the bag and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Add all pesto ingredients (except olive oil) to a food processor. Puree until mostly smooth. While the processor is going, add a few tbsp olive oil and continue to puree until smooth.
- Pre-heat grill. Cook chicken over medium heat until cooked throughout. (Discard marinade)
- Top with cilantro pesto (or serve pesto alongside for dipping)
I like to pair with grilled red onions!