When I was a kid, I remember loving cucumbers with a little salt and vinegar. Here’s a slightly more sophisticated version with a pop of color. This is a quick and easy side for the summer season.
Cucumber Radish Salad
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 6 - 8
This simple, fresh and crisp salad is a great summer time side and a fun way to incorporate radishes onto your plate.
- 8 medium radishes, ends trimmed off, radishes thinly sliced
- 2 medium english cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Toss well until cucumbers and radishes are well coated with oil and vinegar.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste.