Giving Holiday treats a healthy twist allows us to indulge this time of year while maintaining our well-being. In this post we share a few fun edible DIY gift options that are always crowd pleasers!
Swedish Style Spiced Nuts
- 2 Egg whites
- ⅓ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground Cardamon
- ¼ tsp ground All Spice
- 5 cups Mixed Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, Cashews)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together syrup, vanilla and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fixed with a whisk attachment, add eggs and beat until soft peaks form. Alternatively, you can use a large bowl and a hand mixer.
- Slowly drizzle in maple syrup mixture while continuing to beat egg whites. Beat until just combined.
- Carefully add the mixed nuts to the egg white mixture, being careful not to deflate.
- Fold egg whites and nuts together until each nut is fully coated.
- Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet and spread into single layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes, toss and spread again into single layer. Repeat every 8 minutes for a total of 24-26 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before transferring to jars.
Magic Mushroom Powder
From: Nom Nom Paleo
Beyond the incredible flavor and versatility of Magic Mushroom Powder, I LOVE this DIY project because Nom Nom has made it as easy as possible from start to finish with a list of exactly what you need (including order links) for ingredients and tools! It’s quick to put together and the taste is beyond worth it.
Magic Mushroom Powder makes a great gift, and Nom Nom makes this part easy too, with downloadable sticker labels and order links for the perfect sized jars to divide the powder into. On the Nom Nom Paleo site it is highlighted as a great holiday gift, but it can be given anytime of year! A hostess gift, a teacher gift, a gift for the foodie on your list…
Pomegranate Pistachio Bark
- 7.5 oz Dark Chocolate (we used Taza, 85% dark)
- 1 Tbls Butter
- ½ cup Pistachios, roasted and chopped
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- ½ tsp Coarse Salt
- 3 Tbls Coconut butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces.
- In a double boiler*, melt chocolate with butter.
- Pour chocolate onto prepared sheet and spread evenly into ¼ inch layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate with pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and salt.
- Using your hands, lightly press toppings into chocolate.
- Drizzle with melted coconut butter.
- Place in fridge until set and break into pieces.