• GI distressed
• And simply, less than your best!
This is sometimes referred to as the “Paleo Flu”.
For those of you in the midst of your ‘paleo challenges’…
Sticking with ‘paleo’ for a full 30 days (or more) gives your body the chance to adjust (making the switch from carb-burner to fat-burner) and transition to feeling:
• Satisfied longer
• Craving free
• Energized throughout the day
• Well-rested (better sleep)
• Clear breathing and clear thinking
If you are feeling this…, it could be because…:
• Tired and sluggish – Your body no longer has the level of quick carbs it’s used to using for energy. Within a few weeks, most people make the shift to utilizing fat (dietary and body stores) for fuel and feel far more energetic than before.
• Hungry – Your body is “craving” sugars. Don’t give in! Turn to paleo-friendly options and make sure there are enough healthy fats in your meals to help diminish your cravings.
• Constipated – There’s been a quick decrease in fiber from grain elimination. Increase your vegetables and include some nuts and seeds to increase fiber with paleo eating.
• Nauseous or really full – You may be adjusting to higher fat consumption. Try increasing your fats more slowly within the first month. Some people find lipase enzymes to be helpful.
• Diarrhea – Adjusting to a higher fat consumption. Again, try increasing fats more slowly.