Spring is proving to be such a busy time in our household! So busy, I’ve fallen behind on sharing “My Plate” entries and posting many other tidbits on my long list of things to share. Therefore, I at least wanted to show a few of our meals over the last week. Maybe they will spark some ideas for your own meal planning.
• Baby Back RIBS!! For the last few years my husband and I have failed to produce “fall off the bone” baby back ribs and it’s been driving us nutty. But, with a few tips from my brother-in-law, these were just what we’ve been striving for. Topped with PaleoChef Peach BBQ sauce! YUM!!
• Sautéed brussels sprouts (cooked in coconut oil)
• Steamed carrots drizzled with pastured butter and seasoned with dried parsley, sea salt and pepper
• Sauerkraut (fermented)
• Buffalo Chicken Wings in “Peanut Sauce” (paleoplan.com)
• Baked sweet potato (with a pat of pastured butter)
• Roasted asparagus (cooked with coconut oil and seasoned with salt and pepper)
• Grass-fed and finished burgers (topped with Organic Valley Raw Cheddar) and sliced avocado
• Green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, pine nuts and kalamata olives – topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
• Pickles (fermented)
• “Slow Chicken Curry” (by Sarah Fragoso – Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook) – an easy and comforting crockpot meal!
• Steamed organic broccoli