Who doesn’t love a good meatloaf?! I love this recipe for it’s flavor, colors, and veggie punch!
Garden Harvest Meatloaf
Author: Shannon Doleac
Serves: 8 - 10
I like to make two loaves of this meatloaf and save one for another night or freeze it for an easy dinner down the road. You can easily cut the quantities in ½ and make a single loaf if preferred.
- 3 lbs. ground beef (preferably grass-fed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large bell pepper (color of choice), finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup pizza sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a large bowl until combined.
- Divide mixture in half and form 2 loaves in a large glass-baking dish. Top each loaf with ¼ cup of pizza sauce.
- Plash dish in oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.