Ginger Marinated Flank Steak
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
Serves: 6 - 8
- 2 lbs. grass-fed flank steak
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1½ tbsp. raw honey (melted if necessary)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ to 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients (except for steak) to a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place flank steak in a large baking dish and pour marinade on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least a few hours.
- Remove meat from fridge about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat grill.
- Turn heat to low and add meat. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
Remember: LOW and SLOW is key when cooking grass-fed meat. This recipe is a great one for leftovers. Slice steak in thin strips against the grain and save to top salads or pair with other veggies for easy lunches. This marinade is also great with chicken thighs.