Okay – I confess, these bites of goodness do contain oats (gasp!), although gluten-free oats for sure. I know, this is not a true paleo/primal recipe, however, my kids love these “cookie dough” balls and I’d rather they obsess over these than Oreos.
These no-bake treats are easy to make and are great for an after school surprise, a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or a cookie following dinner.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients, EXCEPT for chocolate chips, to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until chopped and then process until finely ground.
- Transfer mixture to medium sized mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, scoop mixture into your hands and tightly roll into 1" spheres. Note: the dough will seem crumbly, but there is enough moisture to hold them together when worked with your hands. Makes about 20 dough bites.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.