Good Old 'Ants on a Log'
Recipe type: Snack
This oldie but goodie is a great 'paleo-friendly' kids' snack! It's also a great snack for your little ones to help you with: give them a butter knife (or plastic version), a scoop of almond butter, a little bowl of raisins and let them create! We opted for a couple "Snowy Ants on a Log" as well (adding a little dried unsweetened shredded coconut to the top of a couple).
- Organic celery cut into 2 to 3" pieces
- Almond butter (or walnut, macadamia, sunflower seed, etc.)
- Organic raisins (or other dried, unsweetened fruit)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Using a knife or spoon, spread almond butter along inside of celery rib.
- Add raisins to the top of the almond butter.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.