Ham and Egg "Buttercups"
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
Serves: 6 - 8
An easy and yummy breakfast! Be creative with your favorite "mix-ins" and flavors.
- 12 large eggs
- 12 slices of ham (preferably a quality, nitrite/nitrate free, source)
- ½ cup mushroom finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup shallots finely chopped (optional)
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil
- Place one slice of ham in each cup
- If adding veggies, evenly distribute them into each ham cup
- Crack an egg into each ham cup
- Top with chives
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how you like your egg)
My boys go through phases where they don't care for "yolky" eggs, so often I will quickly scramble an egg for each of them before adding it to the ham cup. This is a great option for those of you who like their egg yolks and whites mixed. Enjoy!