Adding greens to our breakfast plate has been the norm in our family for over a year now. We especially love them this time of year when we get an awesome mix of greens from our local organic farm. Yum! Who else out there eats greens for breakfast?
• Mixed local, organic salad greens (from our CSA) with olive oil
• Fresh, organic blueberries
• Scrambled eggs (pastured raised, cooked with ghee)
• Chicken sausage (nitrate/nitrite free)
• Black coffee
• Leftover grass-fed ribeye steak
• Mixed local, organic salad greens (from our CSA) with olive oil and vinegar
• Leftover baked sweet potato
• Leftover roasted asparagus (roasted with coconut oil)
Check out these beautiful edible flowers from our local farm! My boys thought it was so cool that they got to eat these on their salad greens.
• Grilled wild sockeye salmon (brushed with olive oil, fresh chopped garlic, fresh thyme and parsley (from our garden), sea salt, pepper and lemon)
• Steamed broccoli
• Mixed local, organic salad greens with olive oil and lemon
• Sautéed beet greens and red onions (sautéed in coconut oil and seasoned with sea salt and pepper)