Did you know that cauliflower is a very versatile substitute for rice?! This fun salad holds all the same flavors as a true rice salad, but with an extra punch of nutrition and fewer starchy carbs.
Mediterranean Cauli-Rice Salad
Author: Primal Peak
- ¼ cup kalamata (or green) olives, pitted and sliced
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (or cilantro), chopped
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ green or purple onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add olives, tomatoes, basil, roasted pepper, and onion to a large bowl.
- Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, add cauliflower florets to "rice."
- Heat a medium to large sauté pan over med/high heat. Add 2 tbsp. coconut oil to melt.
- Add riced cauliflower and pan fry until warm, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, cumin and paprika. Slowly whisk in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove saute pan from heat and add vinaigrette. Toss with cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to the large bowl and gently combine with other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
A great side dish warm or cold! Add shredded chicken or thinly sliced steak for a complete meal.