• Blackberry Banana Paleo Pancakes (banana pancake recipe with added fresh blackberries)
• Bacon (Applegate Farms Organic)
• Fresh organic raspberries
• Cup of black coffee (organic, dark roast)
• Big Salad – organic mixed greens (from our local farm), chopped heirloom tomatoes, chopped orange bell pepper, and chopped carrots topped with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
• A few pieces of salami
• Organic Roast Beef (Applegate Farms – Well Fare rating: 4 (more on this to come)).
• Lamb Shanks!!! (locally sourced)
I recently received Sarah Fragoso’s new cookbook, Everyday Paleo, Family Cookbook, and gave her “Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks” recipe a go. It was an evening that I knew I’d be home late and wouldn’t have time to prep dinner in the afternoon – a perfect day to use the crockpot!! This recipe combines onions, tomatoes, a touch of no-sugar-added peach preserves and spices to a yummy cut of meat.
It was AMAZING, fall-off-the-bone, deliciousness! The only problem was that we gobbled it all up for dinner with no leftovers to speak of;-)
• I paired our lamb shanks with Diane Sanfilippo’s “Roasted Figs with Rosemary” recipe from Practical Paleo. I’d never cooked with fresh figs before, but when I saw them in the store a couple weeks ago (usually in season at the end of Summer and beginning of Fall) I was inspired. These were roasted with minced fresh rosemary and drizzled with balsamic vinegar post-cooking. Super tasty!
• To round out our meal: sautéed onions and fresh spinach