I’ve been behind on the “My Plate” posts, but I’m here to catch up:-)
Breakfast (last Monday, oh my!):
• Scrambled eggs with salsa over organic arugula
• Leftover haricots verts
• Bacon (Applegate Farms organic)
• Leftover pumpkin muffins from our pumpkin carving party
• 1 cup black coffee
• Leftover Primal Chili (so good!)
• Beef and broccoli stir fry
I had pulled out some skirt steak and flat iron steak that morning from our stash in the freezer. I adjusted the “Beef with Broccoli” recipe from the Make it Paleo cookbook by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. For a quick recap:
– I heated sesame oil in a large stainless steal skillet, added fresh minced garlic and ginger and stirred until fragrant.
– I added the steak (thinly sliced) and browned on all sides.
– Next went in broccoli florets, red bell pepper strips, and a bit more oil, mixing and sautéing until the veggies became tender.
– To finish it out, I added coconut aminos (paleo substitute for soy sauce, Coconut Secret brand), sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and sesame seeds.
• Baked sweet potato