Anyone feeling “stressed” from the Holidays? Or are you one to embrace the festivities? How do you deal with this time of year? In any case, it’s a great opportunity to continue focusing on the foods that offer the best nutrition. Whether you are worn down from extra commitments and expectations or are enticed by all the extra “treats,”eating well when you can and opting for foods that best fuel you will give you the best shot of entering the New Year in good form:-)
• 2 egg “omelette” topped with salsa over organic arugula
• Pork sausage (from US Wellness Meats, sautéed in coconut oil)
• 1 cup black coffee
My Kiddos Breakfast Plate (shown above)
My Kiddos Lunch Plate: (shown above)
• Rolled Organic Herb Turkey (Applegate Farms)
• Sliced Raw Jack Cheese (Organic Valley)
• Sliced organic red bell pepper
• Sliced carrots
• A little mustard in the middle for my little guy who loves to “dip” his food!
• Leftover “Slow Chicken Curry” (from Sarah Fragoso’s Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook)
• Sliced red bell pepper
• Arugula mixed in
• Short RIBS!
We’ve tried baking and grilling beef short ribs before, but they’ve always turned out a little tough and hard to eat. Not the case with these slow cooked morsels!!! Again, I relied on Sarah Fragoso’s Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook, following her “Family-Style Short Ribs” recipe. The meat fell over the bone, was supper tender and had great flavor!
• Roasted acorn squash (with coconut oil and a dab of organic pastured butter)
• Quick steamed and sautéed brussels sprouts (cooked in coconut oil and seasoned with salt and pepper)