Orange Ginger Salmon
Author: Shannon Doleac
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1½ lbs. wild sockeye or coho salmon filet
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tsp. minced fresh ginger
- Fresh thyme to taste (or dried)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 orange
- Preheat grill.
- Place salmon filet on a grill pan or aluminum foil lined grill pan, skin side down.
- Spread olive oil over the salmon using a basting brush.
- Sprinkle garlic, ginger and thyme evenly over fish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut orange in half. Squeeze fresh juice from one half over the salmon. Thinly slice the remaining half and place slices on top of salmon.
- Loosely cover tray with another layer of aluminum foil.
- Turn grill to low (or medium-low) heat and place tray on grill. Cook for about 15 minutes (depending on thickness of filet and your desired doneness).