This recipe was inspired by Jen’s Gone Paleo Apple Crisp. Top with your favorite coconut whipped cream!
Paleo Apple Crisp
Author: Inspired by Jen's Gone Paleo
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 apples, cored and chopped
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal (optional)
- ½ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 more tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, arrowroot, 4 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a large bowl and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Combine coconut oil, almond flour, flaxseed meal, walnuts, almonds, coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon and dash of salt in a medium bowl.
- Evenly distribute this topping mixture over the apples.
- Place baking dish in oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
If you are worried about burning the topping, tent with foil for first half of bake time.