If you are looking for a fun, healthy and refreshing Fourth of July dessert check out this popsicle recipe! Or, if you are looking for a tasty treat to make with your kids over the summer, this one is a favorite at our house. Minty watermelon, coconut-lime and honey blueberry swirls are sure to please.
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. raw local honey (divided)
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 10 oz. frozen blueberries
- ½ cup water
- Add watermelon and mint to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside in a small bowl (with a pouring spout if you have one).
- In a second small bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the lime zest, lime juice and 1 tbsp. honey.
- Add the blueberries, water and 2 tbsp. honey to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside in a third bowl.
- In any order you like, SLOWLY fill the popsicle molds ⅓ full with each combination. In a ¾ cup popsicle mold, this equals a scant ¼ cup for each.
- Place the popsicle sticks in and freeze for 4 - 5 hours (or overnight).
- Run the popsicle mold under warm water to release the contents and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough for about 10 - 12 popsicles based on the size of your molds.