Are you looking for a grain-free or gluten-free quiche option that everyone will love? Give these potato crusted mini morsels a try! These are a fabulous menu addition for any brunch, luncheon or hors d’oeurve focused get-together. They also reheat well and are a great on-the-go breakfast option!
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 8 eggs, whisked
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place shredded potatoes in a mesh strainer and rinse with cold water, using your hands to toss.
- One handful at a time, squeeze out excess water from the potatoes and place potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with butter and salt until well coated.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper baking wrappers. Place about 2 tbsp. of shredded potato in each cup and press firmly to pack the bottom and allow the potatoes to come part way up the sides.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce the oven temp. to 350ºF.
- Place even amounts of arugula in each muffin cup, followed by the sun dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Add a scant ¼ cup of egg to each cup and top with green onion, salt and pepper.
- Bake for ~ 17 - 18 minutes, or until eggs are set the way you like. Enjoy!
Note: THESE parchment baking cups are awesome! No stick mess and no concern with dyes!