Paleo rollups are fun for kids and grown-ups alike. And believe it or not, this combination of flavors may satisfy both young and sophisticated palates.
In fact, the other day I served my boys a plate with the exact ingredients found in this recipe, but without the structure of a rollup. Part way through their meal, my 5-year-old said to me: “Mommy, guess what I did? I tried a radish slice by itself, but I didn’t think it was very good, so I stuck another one in my avocado and ate it. I was thinking that was pretty paleo, so maybe you could add that to your blog.” Thanks little buddy, I think I will!
If you are looking for new flavor combinations for your rollup fixings, radish and avocado may be your answer!!
- 4 slices organic turkey lunchmeat (such as AppleGate Farms)
- ½ an apple, thinly sliced and chopped into matchsticks
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced and chopped into matchsticks
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- Fresh chives
- Place a slice of lunchmeat on a plate.
- Add ¼ of apple sticks, radish sticks and avocado slices to the center of the lunchmeat.
- Carefully roll meat around fixings and tie together with a chive.
- Repeat with remaining 3 slices of meat and remaining fixings.