I’ve always been a fan of green beans, but they have to be cooked just so for my true approval. Crisp-tender is the key. This is an easy and tasty recipe for any week night dinner or to add to your “paleo” Thanksgiving menu. And YES, green beans are “paleo” in my book! They are full of nutrients, low in phytates (which means we can better absorb the vitamins and minerals in them), and low in lectins/prolamines (equalling low potential for digestive issues).
- 2 lbs. green beans (or haricots verts), stem removed
- 1½ tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Toss green beans with coconut oil, salt and pepper to coat.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and add green beans in a single layer.
- Bake for 7 - 8 minutes until tender, but crisp.