Sausage, bacon and dates! How can you go wrong?!
This really is more of a dessert than an appetizer, and most of the time we treat this recipe as so. However, there are special occasions, like the Holidays, where we tide over everyone’s hunger with these burst-of-flavor-morsels!
Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
Author: Shannon Doleac
- 16 large medjool dates
- 2 large pre-cooked mild italian sausages (such as Applegate Farms Organics)
- 8 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Carefully slice each date lengthwise on one side to remove the pit.
- Slice the sausages crosswise into 8 pieces each (16 total).
- Cut the bacon strips in half crosswise.
- Place one piece of sausage in each date and wrap each date with a piece of bacon (securing with a wooden toothpick if necessary).
- Place the bacon wrapped dates on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until bacon cooks and browns to your desire.