Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Proscuitto
Author: Shannon Doleac, MS, CSCS, CF-L1
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 4 oz all-natural proscuitto
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash brussels and remove outer leaves.
- Shred brussels sprouts in a food processor (with the slicing blade) or carefully by hand with a chef's knife. Set aside.
- Rough chop the proscuitto.
- Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. Once oil has melted and coated the pan, add the proscuitto and cook until starting to crisp (stirring often) (about 5 minutes).
- Add finely diced garlic, mixing with proscuitto until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the remaining coconut oil and the shredded brussels sprouts to the pan. Toss and cook until tender and slightly browned.
- Add lemon juice to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.