I don’t know about you, but I LOVE having a good snack bite on hand! My favorite part of these Tropical Turmeric versions is that they are packed with healthy fats and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Oh – and they are super easy to throw together. Keeping a batch in the fridge means a nutrient dense pick-me-up is close at hand!
Check out some of the benefits of turmeric in this Turmeric Tea Latte post.
The macadamia base of these snack balls makes for a good source of vitamin B1, magnesium, manganese, thiamin and monounsaturated fats. I love the added collagen peptides for a good punch of protein (you can read more about the benefits of collagen HERE). Quality sunflower seed butter can be tricky to find. You can make your own, such as in this Gingered Sunbutter recipe (sans the ginger), or look for a brand such as Dastony without added sugars and processed vegetable oils.
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter, unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 4 scoops collagen peptides (such as Vital Proteins)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ~ 1 inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled
- ~ 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- Place ½ cup shredded coconut and remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor (saving ½ cup of shredded coconut for rolling bites in).
- Pulse a few times and then process until ingredients are well combined.
- Using a 1" (or smaller) cookie scoop, roll bites into spheres and roll in shredded coconut. Place bites on a parchment line plate or baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.