One of my kids loves raspberries (the other “hates” them). This other child loves mango (the first “hates” mango). My husband and I love them both (the kids and the fruits), but mango is definitely an occasional treat for its high fructose, enjoy-in-moderation quality. For me, it’s hard to surpass a fresh, sweet, tart, organic raspberry! YUM!
I’ve gotten much better about saving the bacon grease (in a glass container with a lid in the fridge) to use for sautéing vegetables or eggs. Tasty and thrifty.
Breakfast today consisted of:
• raspberries, mango
• scrambled eggs (omega 3 and pasture raised)
• bacon (Organic AppleGate Farms, nitrite/nitrate free)
• and leftover banana pumpkin paleo pancakes
• Grilled grass-fed flank steak (brushed with Ghee (clarified butter), and seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and a steak rub)
• Topped with green salsa (gluten and soy free)
• Roasted asparagus (in coconut oil, sea salt and pepper)
• Mashed sweet potatoes (mashed with a touch of pastured butter, sea salt, pepper and coconut milk)
• Heirloom organic cherry tomatoes