We sure do love a good “hash” at our house: breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Turnips work wonders for cutting the heaviness of a sweet potato base and offer a unique flavor boost to this versatile side. Try over a bed of greens, topped with a fried or poached egg; or pair with your favorite meat and a green salad to complete a meal.
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 small/medium Turnips, scrubbed and trimmed
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- ¼ cup fresh Sage, chopped
- 2 tsp. coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- With a box grater, or a food processor fitted with a shredding blade, shred the turnips and sweet potatoes.
- Place the turnip and sweet potato shreds in a large bowl and toss with chopped sage, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil to melt.
- Add the turnip mixture to the pan and spread evenly.
- Allow the veggies to slightly crisp and brown, tossing only occasionally (be careful not to overwork). About 15 to 20 minutes.
Read more about our Love for Turnips!