Valentine’s Day is tomorrow!
You either love it or you hate it. Unfortunately, at least in my mind, it has become very commercialized (as have many Holidays). We are heavily influenced by the media and encouraged to celebrate Valentine’s Day with lots of chocolate and treats wrapped in shiny paper, expensive dinners out on the town, and more than our share of wine or champagne.
But, what does Valentine’s really mean to you? For me it is about appreciating and spending time with those closest to you. And, what better way to do that than think of activities you love to do with your significant other or your family and friends?! A focus on enjoying the moment, rather than a focus on the food, can be more meaningful on one hand and help keep you on track with your health goals on the other!
So, when you are feeling sorry for yourself for not being able to indulge in processed treats and excessive drinking because you are in the midst of a ‘paleo’ challenge, or because this is the lifestyle you have adopted for better health, turn that frown upside down and celebrate in other ways.
• Enjoy a favorite activity together
• Cook dinner together at home!
• Satisfy your “sweet tooth” with paleo-friendly options (delicious nonetheless)
Here are a few treats to consider:
• Coconut whipped cream with fresh berries and sliced almonds. Click here for a coconut cream how-to!
• Paleo Truffles (posted earlier in the week right here on Primal Peak)
• Baked Pears (eliminate the honey – they will still be just as good!)
• Poached Pears