Zesty Cranberry Sauce
Author: Shannon Doleac (adjusted from Sarah Fragoso, Everyday Paleo)
A paleo-friendly version of a Thanksgiving favorite!
- 4 cups of fresh organic cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup unfiltered, organic apple juice
- Zest and juice from 1 large orange
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Place cranberries in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add apple juice, orange zest and orange juice to the pot and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Add lemon zest, honey, cinnamon sticks and ginger, reduce heat to low, and allow cranberries to simmer and pop. Stir often.
- After most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the sauce to a glass tupperware and store in the fridge to further "flavor-fy" until ready to use.
This dish is one that is best made a day or two in advance.