- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seeds
- ¼ cup scant maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- ⅛ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mash banana.
- Stir in almond butter.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Add maple syrup and almond extract and mix well until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, hemp seeds, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips (or other mix-ins).
- Line a standard muffin tin with parchment cups. Evenly divide batter among all 12 cups (fill about ¾ of the way).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes before transferring muffins to a wire rack.