Who doesn’t love a good turkey burger? As a mom and the primary home chef, I love taking popular foods and adding a twist of fun flavors. In this recipe we’ve thrown in some diced apples, cinnamon, and herbs to bring these turkey burgers to life!
Turkey is leaner and more heart-healthy than ground beef, and makes for great healthy alternatives to traditional bun-free paleo or keto burgers.
Our family enjoys our burgers wrapped in red leaf or butter lettuce with a side of roasted veggies. Some of us prefer our burgers with a little cheese and mustard as well.
How do you prefer yours? We’d love to hear.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey thigh meat
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, finely diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Form patties to your desired size.
- Heat grill to high and then turn down to medium or medium-low prior to adding burgers.
- Add patties to the grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on thickness of patties and your particular grill. Burgers are done when they are no longer pink in the center.
- If you are opting for cheese, add it during the last minute of cook time.
I like to serve these burgers wrapped in large green or red leaf lettuce!