In search of a homemade option for my boys’ love of LaraBars, these Apple Crisp Balls were born. It’s a recipe they can help make with me and I’ve learned that homemade treats and snacks often receive greater appreciation than packaged goods.
Thanks to Paleo Parents for their similar recipe and inspiration to add apple chips to the mix!! The texture of the chips makes these little morsels tastier than a LaraBar for me.
The recipe from Paleo Parents is also nut-free! If you have a sensitivity/allergen to nuts, please check out their recipe HERE! When I think of apple crisp, walnuts and cinnamon are ingredients that come to mind, so into the mix they went for this version.Print
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apples, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple chips (such as Bare Fruit brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Dash of cinnamon to taste
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse until all ingredients are finely diced.
- Place mixture in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands roll mixture into 1″ diameter balls.
Makes about 16 balls.
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 2 balls