Enjoy the flavors of apple pie in a healthy trail mix! You might just be surprised at how well walnuts, dried apples, coconut, and a couple spices represent America’s iconic dessert.
This real food combo is great as an after school snack, a mid-morning pick-me-up, or a post dinner healthy treat. Five easy measurements, five simple ingredients, and five minutes to whip up.
I love to make a big batch for easy to grab snacks on the go, or at home munchies throughout the week.
The best part is that my kids love to help, and your’s will too. This Apple Pie Trail Mix recipe is perfect for cooking with toddlers because they can can help you measure and mix. Before you know it, they’ll be making it on their own — hopefully asking you if you would like to share.
You may also want to try our Monkey Mix!
- 2 cups raw walnut halves
- 1 1/2 cups dried, unsweetened apples, chopped
- 2 cups dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of ground ginger (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Store in an airtight container or divide into single serving reusable baggies