Are you looking for a nourishing, tasty and easy side for Thanksgiving, or to compliment a cold weather meal?
The combination of cooked butternut squash and apples brings a comforting pop of deliciousness. And fresh sage adds a sweet and savory flavor to this dish. Like this Apple Sheet Pan Dinner, it’s a nourishing combination of sweet and savory, full of autumn flavors.Print
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed into 3/4” pieces
- 3 apples, cored and chopped into 1/4” pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and sliced into 1/4” strips
- 1/2 cup fresh sage, minced
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Toss squash, apple and fennel with coconut oil. Lay evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sage, salt and pepper over the top.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish