Basil seems to be the most common pesto out there, but using different greens can be a great way to mix up the flavor and add great nutrition in the form of a sauce. Ever tried arugula pesto? Here’s an easy recipe to use as a dressing, as a dip, on your breakfast eggs, or drizzled over chicken.Print
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add arugula, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, Parmesan (if using), salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well minced, scrapping down the bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Add olive oil and process until smooth.