This is a quick and delicious recipe that is a family favorite at our house (sometimes served with a little white basmati rice)!Print
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 4 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 tbsp. tamari (non-GMO), or Bragg aminos
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. Srircha
- 1, 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter, or romaine lettuce
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook (and crumble) until lightly browned ( 4 – 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk together “hoisin” sauce ingredients (sesame oil, tamarin, almond butter, honey, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, dash of pepper) in a small bowl.
- Add garlic, onion, “hoisin” sauce, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, ginger and Sriracha to the saucepan and cook for a few minutes (stirring frequently).
- Stir in chestnuts, peppers, and green onions until tender (about 2 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into center of lettuce leaves, fold or roll and enjoy.