The Avocado Caprese Turkey Wrap is the ideal “fast food” recipe to satiate your hunger while still eating healthy. They are quick to pull together and provide the proteins, healthy fats, and colorful veggies that a balanced meal requires.
The flavors and textures in these lunch or snack wraps are loved my our whole family — kiddos included. Seeking nitrate/nitrite and organic deli meat keep the health rating high of this real food, lower-carb gluten free lunch idea.
My kids love to make these turkey wraps themselves and add them to their school lunch box along with cashews, plantain chips, and fruit. The supervised slicing and rolling is a great way for them to practice fine motor skills in the kitchen.
As a mom working from home, these avocado caprese turkey wraps are a go-to because they are easy to make and refuel me mid-day as part of a primal diet. They also make great healthy lunches for teens.Print
- 3–4 slices deli turkey
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced thin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dash of Black pepper
- Lay each slice of turkey ﬂat.
- Add 2 basil leaves to each piece of turkey.
- Divide tomatoes and avocado evenly amongst slices.
- Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Roll up and enjoy!
- Pair with a baked sweet potato, topped with grass-fed butter for extra starch.
- Serve it salad style—quick chop ingredients and add to a large bed of greens drizzled with oil and vinegar.
- Add thinly sliced red bell peppers.
- Top with spinach or microgreens.