There’s nothing like the taste of eggs cooked in bacon grease when you are camping! I promise. This easy bacon, egg, and veggie scramble is worth firing up the camping stove for.
Of course, this delicious keto friendly breakfast can be made at home, too — I recommend it anytime. But, this high-fat, low-carb mix is ultra tasty on chilly mornings while gathered around the campfire.
Look for bacon that has little to no sugar added, is nitrate/nitrite free, uncured, and organic. Real food, cooked in a cast iron skillet will put a smile on everyone’s face.
Connecting to nature is one of Primal Peak’s seven pillars of peak performance, so gather your family, pack up your tent, and head for the hills with these yummy ingredients for a physically and mentally nourishing adventure.Print
- 8 oz bacon (nitrate/nitrite free, no hormones/antibiotics, so sugar), chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped asparagus (about ½ a bunch)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 6 – 8 eggs, whisked
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a 10 – 12” cast iron skillet over a camp stove.
- Add chopped bacon to the skillet and cook until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bacon pieces from pan and set aside, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add asparagus and onion to skillet and toss until veggies begin to soften.
- Add whisked eggs. Cook until set, scrambling with veggies.
- Add cooked bacon on top and season with sea salt and black pepper.