This savory primal pancake recipe is a fun twist on the Asian style scallion pancake and a bacon cheddar dumpling. Looking for a new way to use scallions, or green onions? Give this one a try!
For a sweeter, less savory pancake, try these Cassava Flour Pancakes.Print
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. vegetable shortening (Spectrum)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 oz. grass-fed cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (Fage Total)
- 1/4 lb. cooked, crisp bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda to the bowl of a food processor, OR to a large mixing bowl. Pulse (or stir) to combine ingredients.
- Add the shortening and pulse (~100 times), or use a pastry blender, until combined.
- Transfer contents from food processor to a large mixing bowl and gently fold in scallions, cheese, yogurt and bacon until creating a uniform batter (don’t overwork).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place tbsp. sized dollops of batter to the pan. Space 2 inches apart to allow room to flatten.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!