- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened, divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 heaping cups chopped apples
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease an 8×8” baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup walnuts, 2 tbsp coconut, ¼ tsp cinnamon, coconut sugar, and ¼ tsp salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, baking powder, ¾ tsp cinnamon, and ½ tsp salt.
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, whisk milk, cream, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture over the oats and stir to combine. Add ½ cup walnuts, 2 Tbsp coconut, apple, and carrot.
- Add oat mixture to the baking dish and spread evenly. Top with walnut-coconut sugar mixture in the small bowl.
- Place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or cold.