Not sure what to do with Chuck Roast? Here’s a quick and easy crock-pot recipe using this cut of meat. It makes plenty to feed the family with leftovers to spare.
- 3 to 4 lb Chuck Roast (Grass-fed)
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 oz jar tomato paste
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp dried basil (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (or more to taste)
- Black pepper
- Place carrots and sliced onions in the bottom of a slow-cooker
- Salt and pepper both sides of roast and add on top of carrots and onions
- Mix diced canned tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano and 1 tsp. salt together and pour over roast
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours
- Once time is done, remove roast onto a cutting board. Remove any unwanted sections and then cut meat into bite size pieces. Add back to pot.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt a tbsp. of coconut oil in the pan and sauté the zucchini and spinach. Add and stir veggies into the stew.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.