This tasty Nacho Skillet dish is delicious whether you are out camping, or in the comfort of your own home! You won’t even miss the chips with this keto friendly meal.
I LOVE the flavor in this real food low-carb nacho skillet. Grass-fed beef, onions, peppers, and zucchini tossed with taco seasonings, and topped with cheese, green onions, avocado, and tomatoes.
Truly delicious served in a bowl, or used as a dip with low carb tortillas, pastured-raised pork rinds, or chicken chips.
In this recipe we use a dutch oven over hot coals and without the lid — browning the meat, sautéing the veggies, and then adding the toppings before digging in. Car camping with a meal like this will draw your family into nature for unplugged rest and connection.
You can just as easily cook this recipe in a cast iron pan on the stove top!
If you are not following a low-carb approach, or if you are with others who are not, you could always top a sweet potato, or a bowl of rice, with this nacho skillet recipe for a tasty meal.Print
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: diced green onions, chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, sliced olives
- Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat and melt coconut oil.
- Crumble the ground beef into the pot and stir to cook through.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and stir well to mix.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno and cook until tender.
- Top with cheese and let melt.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with toppings.
- Serve as is, with low carb tortillas, or even chicken chips.